Tuesday 25 March 2014

Embossing of any kind

Morning everyone. Hope you have had a great week and are able to enjoy all the little flowers that starts to bloom right now. The tulips are starting to show up and I love those. When they bloom spring is here. :)

It has been a hard week with lots of colds going around the house. Thought I was out of it when it started again late on Sunday, so yet another day with fever and running nose. Might have used more energy than I got and that's why it's breaking out a second time in four days. Just have to "like" it I guess.

Today starts a new challenge over at PFP and the theme set for this week is embossing of any kind, dry or wet that is. This was a really hard card to finish, not because I don't like the them, but because I had to redo it three times. My first brilliant idea with wet embossed pieces in black and white to build a soccer ball didn't work out. It looked fabb and lovely till the pieces started to pop off my card. The glue didn't like the mix of plastic feeling and paper. LoL Oh well, I will give that a go again when I have a little more time.


So instead of a soccer ball shaped card I ended up with this. Now it might look strange with a "6" and a winning soccer champion but the boy who it was for turned 6 the other day. The image is from the Paper Shelter and is of course coloured with my Letraset markers. The dp's are from Magnolia and the star punches use is from Wood ware. The grass is made with a die from CC designs I think.


It might be hard to spot the embossing but the dark green edge is embossed with a spotty pattern and since it is a winner I am showing off, I did some wet gold embossing around my circle / ball.

Sponsoring us this week is Polkadoodles, but I don't know what the prize is so you have to go and check out the challenge blog to find out. I am sure it's a great prize!

And as I have fairly little time at the moment I also take the chance to promote the World Cup challenge that TPS has on facebook. It will last all the way to the end of the World Cup this summer when we know which country is the best the world when it comes to this fun game! Can you guess my winner? Yepp! Even if they hardly didn't make it to the WC, I think France will stand as winners when it's over. You know we can't all believe that Brasil or Agentina will win. LoL

Ok, signing off for now and hope you'll join us over at PFP this week.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown challenges - Make it pop (Head and all the clothes are cut out and added on the image, the image itself is also up on foam dots)
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous and a perfect design for a fun loving 6 year old.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lena said...

Åhhh vilket fint kort!! Älskar det där motivet.. (såklart)..det ligger och bara väntar!! ;-)
Skrev till dig på FB och tackade för det underbara kortet men passar på att skriva även här..jag blev så överraskad..jag avgudar det kortet och jag tittar ofta på det..TUSEN TACK! <3

Vi vabbar om vart annat här hemma då ngn influensa drabbat oss..Tess en vecka imorgon och Elisia på dag 3..suck..
Men kanske hinner göra ett fotbollskort imorgoon ;-)

Ta hand om dig!!

KRAM Lena

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, oh what a fabulous card for a young lad, and youve coloured it beautifully as is the card design its stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card Marie, I love the cute image it just a brought a smile to my face.

coops said...

stunning male card marie.really fab design and embossing and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous hun love it just the job for our Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown thanks so much for playing along xxx

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Marie - love your embossing detail! Juliexx