Friday 17 October 2014

Tropical Christmas

Hi and happy weekend to you all! A "long" week is coming to an end and it feels really good. This is my final post for this week and this is by far the harderst one I had to made this week. It's time for our new challenge over at Winter Wonderland and the theme is set to "Tropical Christmas". That means either an image that relates to tropical Christmas. Like islands, palm trees, resting Santa in the sand etc. Or you can just use lots of warm bright colours. Like orange, yellow, red, brown etc.


I never thought I would be able to get a card done with this theme. But I made it! I and my youngest was sitting infront of the TV last week when he was sick and did some colouring together. I had planned to use this image for another challenge but all of the sudden I am sitting there with my markers is yellow and orange and colour my snowman from Wee stamps in all the warm colours I could think of. The end result is this. It might be more of a autumn Christmas but I am so pleased with how my Snow man turned out. And do you know what? I LOVE my stash! I even had totally crazy coloured Christmas/winter papers from Crate Paper in my stash. They where perfect for this. I don't think that I ever had use them, but now I have. Thank you me! LoL

My snow man is coloured with my Letraset Markers and then paired up with all those crazy coloured designer papers from Crate Papers. I have also used a few dies from Magnolia Sweden, both an old Christmas lace die and flower and snow flake border from the new club kit. I did also go bananas with my golden stickles as it went soo well with the colours. A paper doily from Panduro and that is about it.



Our sponsors this week is Whiff of Joy who offers a stamp of winners choice. (Must be in stock). 




And to that we also have Crafty Sentiments offering three digis for one lucky winner. 

Well,  I hope that you, just like me take the chance of being challenge and give it a try. It is acutally lots of fun trying out something that you doesn't do that often. This for sure was the first for me in this bright fun colours, but there is still plenty of papers in that pad, so I might need to make a few more of those bright Christmas cards. :)

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous design and gorgeous image Ginny x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Marie, I love your warm colours and adorable image - it certainly was a hard one wasn't it.
Pauline
x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I love your take on the tropical theme Marie, the warm colours look fantastic and your colouring is beautiful.
Rebecca.

coops said...

so stunning marie.your colours are fabulous and i love your design and gorgeous snowman :D

xx coops xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and image!!!

Bridie said...

Lovely bright christmas card

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Hugs from

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts