Saturday 22 November 2014

Kind of CAS

Hello! Hope you're having a great weekend so far and are getting some crafting done. I have a few hours to myself at the moment and it feels really good. I have been home from school for one and a half week with first a sick kid, then I got sick, then the next kid and the first one got sick again. And to finish it all off my partner and I got sick again too. I am still feeling sick and my head is hurting and I cough like the rest of the gang... Hopefully this was the big one for this winter.

I feel I needed to be alone for a while even if it wasn't that popular by my boys. Willy is celebrating his birthday with friends in the bowling alley. We got together a few of the parents and let the boys have their party together. A win win situation as it gets cheeper for all and we save a few days where we don't have to plan for going to parties. And we don't have do prepare anything. Jippi!

I also just realized that Christmas and Advent will be here soon. Next Sunday is first of Advent. I thought there was one more week before that, but no. It's here now. What happend with November? In the coming week I'll have the window cleaner here. Yes, I know doesn't it sound flashy? We have this luxury a few times each year and it's because I have a friend who owns a company that clean windows and do house cleanings and stuff like that. It's wonderful not having to think about the windows at least. Mats, my partner does so much here anyway. I can't do those heavy stuff, I can't even "drive" the vaccum cleaner without ending up in pain.

BUT this isn't why you are here, listening to my ramblings, is it? Well, thought so. LoL Well, over at the Paper Shelter the other week we had the theme of Snowflakes and I had a card made. Then Vero came up with the cutest little snow men image I've seen and I wanted to make a card with that image. So the card I am showing now got replaced by that one. You can see the snowmen card here. The photo is scary as it turned out very bright. The one shown here isn't that much better. LoL


I love this wonderful image from last year and I made a simular card with the same image then. But I like how it turns out. The image is perfect for this kind of simpler designed cards. I have matted it on a glittery cardstock but it doesn't show and I have used a whole bunch of punched snow flakes and added a gemstone to the center of each one of them. A red ribbon with the text "God Jul" (merry Christmas) on it, finish this little creation off. Even if there is one or too many snowflakes here and the photo is bad I love this card, and I will probably make a new one almost like this one the coming year. LoL

Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your weekend. If we don'e see eachother sooner than later, at least I will be back on Tuesday with a new post for Passion for Promarkers. Until then...

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Picture and Scrap - Julekort eller ask
Christmas cards all year round - No pattened papers
Cute as a button - Winter / Christmas
Sister act card challenge - Anything goes
Penny's paper craft challenges - anything goes

10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful design

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Scrappy Scatty said...

awwww soooo cute xx

Francesca Lopez said...

So adorabke! Thank you for joining us at Cute As A Button Stamps for our Christmas challenge.
Francesca

Kreatief met Maria said...

Wonderful card.
Greetings Maria

Ella's Design said...

Oh, Marie, you have been having a time of it, but I'm glad that you're all well again now!
I can't believe where this year has gone, never mind November and I too will have to think about getting started for the dreaded Christmas! I love all the prettiness of Christmas - the lights, food, music and smells but get a bit tired of all the consumer driven pressure that we get put under as parents, from the never ending adverts on television to give our children the latest and greatest toys! I have to admit that my boys are very lucky - we have always tried to make sure that they have everything that they need and a little bit of what they want, though their lists are quite simple this year! As for me, I just want that 'feeling' of Christmas, that little touch of magic and good times spent with family and friends...and maybe a bit of crafty time too!
Anyway, enough of my waffle and back to your card - such a sweet CAS card with that cute Santa image and pretty snowflakes! Hugs, Lisa x

Astrid said...

Love it!! It's so cute :-)

Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap Challenge, and good luck to you !!

Hugs, Astrid DT

coops said...

simply stunning marie.i love your fun santa and all the snowflakes and gems are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

chanya13 said...

So cute card!!!. Love colours and image :) Thanks for joining us at Cute As A Button Stamps. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Unknown said...

Great card, I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's this week.
Cheers Nicole