Wednesday 26 November 2014

Metal somewhere

Good morning and hello! I am back and still coughing. But I am here and at it again. In my family, November is a busy birthday month with lots of parties to attend. And then it all goes on until December is over. It's nice with a social life but also nice with some free time during the weekends from time to time. LoL

Anyway, this weeks theme over at the Paper Shelter is set by me and I have picked "Metal somewhere somehow. In other words we want to see some metal on your creation. Nice and easy, and important is that you tell us what your metal is because sometimes it can be hard to spot it.

This week I needed a whole bunch of soccer cards as there has been a birthday bash for three 8 year old soccer players and add to that a 5 year old soccer player. So here comes the card for the youngerst player, one of my nephews. As we were sick we couldn't go to his birthday party but we sent our gift and card with my parents. Hope he liked it.


I have used the soccer image Soccer star for this card. I love this image and the kids who gets card with it love it too. It's a brilliant image that I have coloured with Letraset Markers and a white sakura pen. The designer papers are from YouDo and I have used a bunch of metal brads on this card. The small soccer ball is a brad and so are the stars in the right hand corner. I have made the big back ground soccer ball with a patchwork die from Joanna Sheen. Took me a while to make three balls like that, and the others was even bigger so lots of time spent with my Big Shot. A foam sticker with the birthday number 5 and the red and white soccer suit that is use in the team he plays. Well, I had to mix it up a little to give the whole thing a little more life but at least the colours are right.


http://www.thepapershelter.com/

As always we have a gift voucher worth $30 up for grabs if you play with any TPS product. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three (3) digis of your choice. Come on now crafters we know that you love these images and we would love to see you use them on your creations. 

And with all this said, why do I always write too much? I will get better at this, promise. LoL Now time to deal with the joy of ironing my Christmas curtains. Tomorrow will the window cleaner be here again.

Love n hugs

Marie

Challenges for this card

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a cute image gorgoeus card Ginny x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, your nephew is going to love your card, I like that youve used metal numbers and the ball, your colouring is just gorgeous. I do hope that you manage to recover from your nasty bugs and begin to feel better for Christmas. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Colette said...

Fab card Marie, love your patchwork football, and well done getting so many of them made, hugs, Colette xx

Pat K said...

Fabulous masculine card Marie so well designed. Hope you're feeling better soon. hugs, Pat K xx

NicoleDesigns said...

Fabulous as always... xo Nikki

Gail said...

This is too cute for words. I adore the metal brad of the soccer ball...and another eye catcher is those trophies! Your coloring is outstanding! What a wonderful card! Hugs, Gail