Wednesday 17 December 2014

Anything goes

Good morning and welcome to the last challenge of the year from the TPS team. We have a nice and easy challenge going for you this Holiday break of ours. The challenge starting today will last all way into January next year. The A-team will start the team off at January 7th. But until then you have about three weeks or so to join our "Anything goes" challenge. You can enter up to three times and one of your creations need to have a TPS product on them. Either image or designer papers. 

http://www.thepapershelter.com/

As always we have a gift voucher worth $30 up for grabs if you play with any TPS product. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three (3) digis of your choice. Come on now crafters we know that you love these images and we would really like to see a few more of the Paper Shelter images.

Before I go on with this post I want to tell you who has won my "commenting" image. The lucky winner is Lucy Patric for her really sweet and personal comment. Thank you! Hope to see you play with us during the coming year as well. For more info, check out the TPS blog on how to claim your image. 

Do pop on over to the Paper Shelter blog and have a look at what my teamies has been up to. All designers is joining in for this challenge as well. Just to give you plenty of inspiration for the long break!

Many of my kids friends has their birthdays in the fall, so this is a card I made a while ago. Knowing that time is really limited during this time of the year, I made sure to make cards that I could pop into my dt-assignments. This is an image I really love and it's called My racing car. I have coloured with my Letraset Markers once again. They are so easy and fun to use but something has happend to the quality of them. Don't last as long as they used to, and sometimes way to much ink in them. Really dripping from the nib... What's going on?


Ok, back to the card...I wanted to use some warmer colours this time and went pretty much with the same colours as Veronica did when she coloured the image on her computer. Well, at least I took inspiration from there and from the cool designer papers I have used for the card. The checker dp is from Magnolia and I have bought tons of it. Always good on boys cards, then there is a paper pad called Hop Scotch from K and Company that I used for the more colourful parts of the card. I got some funky shadowing on the image as well as I have used 3-D foam dots to raise the image up a bit. 


The card was made for a friend of Philip from the soccer team. They are in the same school now as well but not the same class. I normally make soccer cards for the soccer players but this time I was in no mood for it. Can it have something to do with the fact that it was pooring down rain when I made the card? As always when it comes to cards for little boys I don't use much decorations. This time I settle for some stars and card candy. Also a sentiment is used for the card. I do love how all the colours came together in this card. Really lovely!

I hope that you will join us and I look forward to seeing you all in the New Year again!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card





3 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, wow what a stunning card for any young man, I love how youve coloured this image and the layout and design is just fabulous. I do want to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and to thank you for working with me over the last two Challenges. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card love the papers Ginny x

Pat K said...

Fabulous birthday card Marie. Love the colours and design for this cute image.
Thank you so much for all you do for us at TPS and wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas. hugs, Pat K x