Wednesday 15 July 2015

Use some circles

Morning and hello! Hope you're enjoying your week and that the sun is shining on you. When I write this we have a little rain and the air is really fresh. Love that but it would be nice with a little sun as well.

This week's theme over at the Paper Shelter is set to "Use some circles" and that sounded like a nice and easy one when I set the theme. Well, when I should make something with it, it wasn't that easy. But don't be put off by that. The only thing you need to think of is to use real circles, like doilies, buttons, circle die cuts / punches. I have a bunch of old images laying around that I have coloured quite a while ago and I don't want to throw them out, so this week I have used one of those images.

It's called Christmas Carols. And this time we're doing pink christmas. I have used an old paper pad that I no longer have the front to so I don't know the brand of them. It's a big fat pile of papers in it and it's going to last me a life time I think.


I have been using quite a lot of left overs for this creation in the form of die cuts, buttons from clothes, small piece of ribbon, swirls, die cutted some silver circles, grounded the snow flakes with round shapes so there is a little more silver glitter to them for extra sparkle. Some pink gem stones finish the snowy swirl in the bottom off.


As always when you play with us over at the Paper Shelter we have a gift voucher worth $30 up for grabs if you use any TPS product. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three digis of your choice.

Ok then, that's all for today. Enjoy your week and I see you back here on Tuesday.

Love n hugs
Marie

4 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Morning Marie, wow love your card and your image looks fabulous, the whole card is just stunning. I hope the journey went well and your now safely arrived. hugs Shirleyxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a beautiful card lovely papers Ginny x

Gail said...

I love pink Christmas cards. This is colored wonderfully and those round embellishments are perfect for the challenge. Such pretty paper...so nice to have lots of pink for Christmas, isn't it! Pretty pretty card! Hugs, Gail

Colette said...

Fab Christmas card Marie, I love all the embellishments, the image is coloured beautifully, it's really useful to have some images already coloured that you can dip into when needed, hugs, Colette xx