Tuesday 15 August 2017

Pretty Pastels

Morning and hello! It's time again for a new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers. This time do we have the theme of "Pretty Pastels" and as long as you use your Letraset/Promarkers/Winsor&Newton markers you are good to go.

Denise Morgans foto.

Otherwise no chance on the lovely prize from Little Miss Muffet stamps who offers the winner a $6 voucher to spend in their store.

And now to my card for the week. For quite some time now have I had this stamp and dieset from Lawn Fawn thinking that I will used them to make a bunch if easy going cards. But the time is never there to play around just for fun, so today did I decide to use them for Lisa's Pretty Pastels' challenge. Crayons comes in all coloures so it made it a good choice to play around with the stamp/die set.


Some colouring with my markers and some pencils to highlight the shadows a tiny bit. Then I got my die cut mashine to work using mainly dies from Lawn Fawn to create my little scenery. I went a bit heavy on the pearl acrylic paint but now I learned to next time. Stop in time and don't over do it. That paint has been stored for quite some time as well. Hmmm... buy less, use more? Maybe next year... LoL

The designer papers are from the pad Up, up and away by Nitwit and LOTV. It's not as much left on that now. All the favourites are gone but I am working my way down to the rest of them as well. I covered the mid section of the card with some vellum to give the crayons a bit of a rest in some softer coloured back ground. Kind of happy with the design, but next time COLOR will be in different colours... You always learn something don't you?

Take care and do something that makes you happy!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card:
TTCRD - Anything goes

5 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely layout. Great use of pastels! Love it. Elaine

Linda Mc Enery said...

Such a sweet card Marie. I love your window frame, with all the colour wanting to just burst out! Lovely!

Ella's Design said...

Love this pretty card, Marie! Great CAS design and those crayons are just so cute...plus, you know how I love a cloud or two?! Hugs, Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, Made me smile as my boys used to love crayons so brought back happy memories, Hazelxx

Julie said...

Fab card, Marie - the design is just perfect! Hugs, Juliexx