Wednesday 15 December 2010

Finally a moment to do something for MI!

Having had tons to do the last week it's finally time for me to publish a little card or project for you to see. I think I start with my big project. Well, it kind of grew. It started of with two, then ended up with 6. How did that happen? Well, at the day care were my boys spend their time there is always cheerful parent that take care of little gifts from the kids and parents to the teachers, but other staff that doesn't work that close to the kids often get forgotten, as well as the substitute teachers that is there for a longer time. So this year I started to make a few candles for the boys to give away. It was just that they keept coming with more and more people that they thought should have a little something. I had to stop at six, as I ran out of candles to decorate. Thank you for that! LoL.


 It was however worth the effort as the cleaning lady got tears in her eye and the boys was so proud to give away something that mum had made. Don't know how many times I heard them say that, especially the olderst one. Lovely and sweet of him. Tomorrow we hand over the last one finally. Good to have that out of the way. Then I just need to figure out what to make for one of Philip's teachers that works her last day next week, and start working at a new Kindergarten close by. How I will miss her! She is the best of the best when it comes to dealing with kids (and parents)! Lucky for me we live next door to her sister and will see her every now and then.


So to decorate my candles I have used Magnolia's Santa with Sack. Love that fellow. A joy to colour and such a sweet face. So that is done about six time, not counting my practising ones. Then an Edwin stamp from the fall club kit of this year. Used him to make the tags. Then some DP to decorate my home made candle holders, mostly to make a sturdy bottom for the candle to stand on when the boys carried away the whole thing. I always use a CD-disc at the bottom and work my way out from there. A good round base for the decorations and candles to rest. I had them taken to the day care in different days so I don't have any photo of them together...


Since I now have finally managed to get them up on the blog, I would also like to enter them to the Passion for Promarker challenge with the theme anything goes and the I love Promarker Challenge where the theme is Santa. Does candles count? The tags might help to stay in the game...:) It will also go in to the challenge of For Fun Challenges where the theme is Christmas.

This is all for now. I hope you like my small project that grew a little more than expected. Have one more X-mas card to make and then I refuse to make more Christmas this year, but I do still have "a few" unused X-mas stamps... hmmm...

Love n' hugs
Marie

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

Candles definitely count. The whole thing is gorgeous. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Anonymous said...

hallo,
bin aus Österreich- Ist das ein Stempel auf der -Kerze oder was ist das bzw wie geht das ich finde das total superschön
danke und lg

Karen said...

What a lovely candle, I love doing these too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Julie said...

Awesome candle - so beautifully packaged!! Thanks for joining in our Mega challenge at PFP, Juliexx

Michele Roos said...

Such wonderful projects. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marie, what a gorgeous candle and I love how you've packaged it. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Have a wonderful Christmas x

katesacraftybugger said...

ooh this is lovely ,thanks for joning us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Kate xx

Pauline said...

Such beautiful creations Marie! Wonderful! Thanks for playing at For Fun this week!
Pauline FF DT

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous.i love the santa on the candle and so beautifully packaged.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Helen Dooley said...

This is so awesome!! T=Im glad you decided to share with us at For Fun!!

Vixykins said...

A beautiful creation, thank you for playing the Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Promarkers and Good Luck!

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fabulous project, lovely Santa and Mrs Santa :O) Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Gro said...

Nydelig lys du har laget. Den Magnolia nissen ser ordentlig koselig ut. Takk for at du deltar på PFP's mega utfordring :o)

downrightcrafty said...

thank you for your interest in the WW DT
Hugs Kate x