Tuesday 19 November 2013

Check it out!

Morning everyone and welcome to my first post of the day. I am starting the challenge week of with two cards for Passion for Promarkers new theme Check it out! We want to see some check- plaids- or gingham on your creation this week. It shouldn't be any trouble. There is plenty of them out there in the crafting world.

As most of you know who follow me regulary I have two boys that is nuts for football / soccer and even if we are in the middle of November by now there is soccer friends having their birthdays so today I show off two more soccer cards. God it's getting hard to get any kind of variation on them now. I've lost track of how many I have done this year.

Anyway, I thought that some check designer papers would be a nice change to all the dps with soccer balls and shoes and what ever it has been and for some reason the checks goes well with all sporty images. LoL Of course my images is coloured with my Letraset Markers Family and since the cards are for boys I kept the embellishments low.
The first card is showing of an image from our sponsor this week, The digi boutique. It's from a set of four called Fun time Dan. And you have the chance of winning a gift voucher worth £10. Such lovely prize to look forward to. A real joy to colour and I kind of gave him a look of Bayern München team clothes but I didn't the whole player go red so, a bit modified. :) Designer papers are from YouDo and Magnolia. Good to use up some old stuff to. I really need to do that otherwise my boys has to start sharing room and that wouldn't be fun for them. :) I used a bunch of die cuts for my cards like the photo corners and the little rectangle made with spellbinder to tell the age of the friend that is getting this card.


The second card is made in the colours of our local team, well almost. They have black and yellow in their team clothes. From the beginning they had yellow shirts and black shorts, now they are totally back with yellow details. So once again I did some modification to the clothing as I didn't want to go totally black either, and I didn't want a dark card so grey scale colouring it was. I love that technic. It's great fun to work with only greys and I should be done more but for some reason it feels a bit dull when it comes to making birthday cards. LoL For the decorations here have I used a few soccer buttons that I cut down so they are flat and I also used some alpha pearls to write out the name of the friend. A big nice "7" from a sheet of alphas is also giving some detail to the card.


Ok this was the first post of the day, stay tune as later on in the afternoon I have my new card for the Papertake weekly up as well and then it's something totally different from all my sporty cards. 

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for card 1

Challenges for card 2
Love to scrap Challenge blog - Boyz Rules
Challenges for everybody - Anything goes

5 comments:

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Love both your cards Marie, they are so great for boys, the images are fabulous and you have coloured them so nicely too. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Lady Anne's Challenge's
Lady Anne's Blog

Shirley-Anne said...

Perfect duo . Great boys cards love the images and the papers too . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

coops said...

stunning boys card marie.i love the images and your designs and papers are fab :D

xx coops xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous cards Marie, I love the images and pretty colourful papers.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I hope I can say these are adorably cute for boy cards! It's great that you incorporated the team colors. I bet the boys really enjoyed their b-day cards. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog