Tuesday 8 July 2014

oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Hi there! Finally back with a little post from MI. Still struggling with my depression and just can't wait for the fall when things normally get easier for me. A few months more...

So we have a new challenge for you over at Passion for Promarkers. This week's theme is set to "oh I do like to be beside the seaside". That means we want to see creations connected to the sea, water and beaches. I have shown a card earlier with one of the new Bildmålarna images when Mimo and Mimosa are dressed like sailors and here comes a card with little Mimosa. She is coloured with Letraset markers which you also have to use to enter our challenges. I did a use a tiny bit of a grey Prisma pen to tone down the white in the clothes.

The designer papers are also from Bildmålarna and now I have almost used up all of the papers I bought. I don't think that has happend before. And do you know what the best part is? I have not bought anymore to replace them. LoL I have used tons of flowers to decorate the card and some half pearls, you always need that. Some corrugated paper that I white washed just like I did with the first card. There is also a tiny bottle filled with sand from my favourite beach outside Kalmar, a charm, so hemp string representing the rope. The bridy tag is also from the designer papers...

I am affraid I have a bunch more of these cards, they are simular but not totally looking the same. I did a bunch of these as gifts for Philip's teachers who he has now left behind to start school in the fall. I did also make matching picnic baskets for them all, five in total so not strange that the papers are all gone by now, almost... I will show the baskets and the rest of the cards another day. As I don't get much crafting done at the moment, I spread them out a bit. Can always pretend that I am crafting as often as I used too...


crafty-sentiment-designs-127-c[ekm]167x180[ekm]
Our sponsor for this challenge is Letraset with a markers set and Crafty Sentiment Designs whos offering three digis to a lucky winner. This is really a lovely challenge so please come and join us for this one. 

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

6 comments:

Colette said...

Lovely card Marie, sweet image, lovely papers and great details, love the little bottle of sand, hugs, Colette xx

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT this week Rachel dt

Cathy P said...

Such pretty colors and a gorgeous layout. Thanks for playing with our anything goes challenge at Crafty Sentiments. Cathy*xx

Chris said...

love your sea side layout great colours

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hello Marie, sorry to hear you are struggling with depression, I hope your mood lifts soon I know from my daughter's battles what a struggle it is. What a beautiful card I love the nautical theme. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments, good luck! Susan x

coops said...

so stunning marie.your details are so beautiful and i love your colours and fab sweet image ;D

xx coops xx