Friday 25 March 2016

For A child

Morning and hello! Today is the birthday of my youngest, he is turning 8 today and that's why I am late writing this post. At least I had the card ready and done in time. :) The theme over at the Winter Wonderland this week is "for a child". So a Christmas card for a child is what we make this week. Here in Sweden all kids from when they are very you walk in Lucia processions in schools, day care and some visit the elders in their home. The girl who lead the procession is the one showing here in the Magnolia Tildan.


I have used a lot of dies for this card. I got the vintage box edition 2 the other day and the it was kind of a circus theme. So for example is the card frame made with a die from that kit, as well as the tickets and the little note papers and the flowers. The swirly thing is from Magnolias Christmas die kit and the snow flake is from Whimsy stamps, an old favourite. I have use quite a lot of old Magnolia dp's on this card as well. Some day it might even show in the paper stacks that I use some of it. The border die is also from the vintage kit by the way. There is also quite alot of glitter glue around the frame in different versions, and a little dash of red pearls as well. This week have I coloured with distress ink markers by the way.

Sponsoring challenge this week is 
We are sponsored this week by 'All Dressed Up' Images who are offering 2 digis for the winner 
 

Hi I am Wendy Burns I live in Nottingham UK with my husband and two children who have been the inspiration behind the characters,  in particular my daughter who has kept me up-to-date with blogging and trends.  I work predominantly within the textile children’s wear market, fashion and interiors.
I trained as a textile designer and although my work is digital based, I love to retain that hand drawn /sewn feel which I hope comes across in my artwork.
Digital stamps is a new challenge for me and the opportunity to work with the All Dressed Up Team and has been very exciting, in particular the creative way my characters have been given individual personalities by the designers .
All Dressed Up is a newly launched blog with an enthusiastic team who are passionate about stamping.  The coordinators Marilyn and Tracy along with an amazing design team are also known as The Dressy Girls.
We have a friendly Facebook page, regular blog posts, tutorials, challenges and freebies .The stamps can be purchased from the Etsy shop which is updated on a monthly basis.

We really are friendly bunch and would love to see your creations so please feel free to contact us and visit the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.

Well my friends time for me to get ready and go out for lunch and then will my parents show up for a game night with us and the kids. Boardgames it is tonight, classic fun, right? I do hope you come and play with us. You will need the Christmas cards sooner than you know. :)

Happy Easter!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

5 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Marie. Love this sweet Tilda. hugs, Pat K x

LOU said...

Beautiful card Marie.

Annelie said...

Åh vilken söt Tilda, den har jag inte sett förut, jättefint kort, kul med annorlunda form :)
Ha en fortsatt fin påsk!
Kram Annelie

Neha said...

how cute & elegant!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Completely Handmade... {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com