Sunday 7 February 2010

Just Magnolia Monthly special

This week at Just Magnlia there is a chance to learn how to braid a basked. I have not done that in ages. I used to do that every now and then in thin wood when I was younger. Learned that from a school nurse! Willy my olderst son asked what I was doing and wanted to help so this project we made together. Great fun! He has chosen the DP and he wanted it to be two different. (I just glad that they matched). It's a download from Nitwit called, well something something. Can't find it right now. We had great fun together, me holding it some kind of straight while he was braiding. He is three so I'm really pleased with the end result expecting the worst from the beginning. He did a great job listening and understanding what he should do. Thanks for a great time with one of my sons! :)

I had coloured my Tilda in "way back", before I knew what I should use her for and the colours went great with Willys choise of papers as well. Can't be better in that way. We went for some bows and not so many decorations as the basked became quite busy with two different kind of DP, just some ribbons in blue and white.

This is the end result for us. At the moment the basket is filled with "Duplo" (the big Lego pieces). He got to keep it of course. He was after all a great little helper during this project, and Duplo is after all more healthy than candy! :)

A good night to you all!

Hugs,
Marie

5 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful basket, gorgeous papers and beautiful colouring of Tilda, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia challenge, hugs, Jane xx

Lisa Jane said...

Willy did a great job ( amd you of course) - And who better to look after the duplo than Tilda !
Lisa

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! What a cute basket! Love the freash springlike colours!
Thanks for finding my tutorial useful :)
Hugs, Lena

Mina said...

beautiful basket Marie...I love those stunning papers...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Bev said...

A fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week. hugs Bev x