Tuesday 4 January 2011

The day has finally come!

Today we are launching the new challenge blog over at Bearly Mine Challenge. Great challenges, great sponsors and lots of inspiration for you all.

For the very first challenge we have these lovely sponsors. (The fabulous rubberstamp is offered as a price from Crafty Emma's store). Be sure to pay our sponsors a visit. You never know what you need. ;) So all in all we have three fabby prices up for this our first challenge that will go on for two weeks from now.





To start us of has Donna made us all a sketch to follow. Lots of fun to work with, so much fun that I actually made two cards for this challenge.

For my first card I used an image from Whiff of Joy, coloured it with distress inks and used a bunch of blue designer papers from the Extreme III CD that Donna is offering in her store. Lots of goodies there. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Craft. The key in the lower flower arrangement is from a local flower shop. I painted it with some crackle paint from Rangers. The swirl stamp is also from whiff of Joy, winter version. Half pearls from Bunny Zoes.Sorry about the strange colours in this photo. :(


For my second card I used a part of an image from Kenny K's, the face of "All that". She is coloured in grey tones with promarker pens. The designer papers are from one of Donnas new digi kits called Cheeky Day. I sooo love these colours! The bling comes from my stash.

So now it's your turn to pop over to the challenge blog and join us in the fun!

Take care!

Love n' hugs,
Marie

17 comments:

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

your cards are so fantastic....

Hugs
Judith

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, two stunning cards wow they are both beautiful. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Doreen said...

Fabulous cards Marie.xxx

Lia said...

beautiful card marie I love the blue colors and the sketch is great
hugs Lia

Donna said...

Two great cards Marie, love the way you've used the Kenny K image with just the head shot.
hugs
Donna xx

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards! Happy New Year! I have become a follower.

sallysbitz2 said...

Your cards are stunning. Love your 2nd card & the colours you chose to colour in with, looks very effective x

airing cupboard crafts said...

I love your cards they are stunning!! I am new follower visiting from feline playful x

gina g said...

Gorgeous cards Marie how good are you making two cards lol. luv gina xx

~ Kendra ~ said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS!!! Great job! I've enjoyed looking at your blog. I found your blog through Feline Playful.

Kendra

dj1952 said...

Cute cards. I've stopped by from Feline Playful and become a follower. Hugs, dj

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Hello, I found you trough Feline Playful and I am now following you ;) I missed the chance to join in the fun with the linky thinggy on time, but if you'd like to visit my blog too, I would be delighted! ;)

Fabulous cards, I love the blues and the flowers on the first one and the shading of the image on the second one is fantastic!

Happy and crafty New Year!
Hugs
Joanna x

Faye said...

Hiya Marie! Happy 2011. Just doing the Feline Playful rounds. This is a gorgeous selection of cards. I will be back. x

Kristi said...

Lovely cards, Marie! I'm a new follower from feline playful.

Hugs,
Kristi

Trina said...

I'm over from Feline Playful... I really like how you cropped that Kenny K image! I'll be back!

Ms. Jen said...

Poppin in from Feline Playful. Running a little late in my rounds. So glad we can be friends!

Hugs - Jen

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

beautiful cards.. I am a new follower & I just came over from feline playful.. sorry I am late..