Tuesday 17 December 2013

Last Christmas... card of the year

Hi all, hope you're doing fine? Here it's ok but a splitting headache once again. Tired as well, school is on even if it's a bit slow during the beginning. Let me tell you a secrete; they have not got everything to work properly yet. How good is that? I feel it like my days are ticking away. Have a limited bunch of them to do this administration class with. Guess I find a way to try to work the time back without overdoing anything. I am guessing that my blog will be running a bit slower again, during this time but some cards will be here and maybe some other creations as well. How knows?

We have a new challenge up for you over at Papertake Weekly today. And this weeks theme is Last Christmas... card of the year. Isn't that nice and lovely? I hope I don't have to make anymore of them as it feels now. I don't know how I will get the time to finish everything I need to finish before Christmas Eve.

Well, last week we celebrated Lucia here in Sweden and with two kids it means double celebrations. This card, well it was three of them that looked exactly the same is what I made late a night last week. I don't think that I ever have finished three cards that quickly. Well, they are not master pieces but it was better than nothing for the class teachers and their special education teacher. That was a story of it self with the SET as when I asked Willy who she was he said that he didn't know her. Asked another parent who said that her daughter had not seen her either. Let's say I asked around quite a bit and then realized that she is there but not all of the students is going there. After a week Willy realized that he had been there once since during the semester and that he was playing some kind of game there. I did a good compromise there and made a smaller gift, well bought a smaller gift for her as there is only a few students from each class using her services. I kind of wish that she could have shown her face on the parent's meeting or something, it would have been nice to see who she is. And once again I have lost track of what I am doing. LoL

Sorry bad picure again, working on that part still...

The card / cards... This time I started by putting the card design together first. I used some of the really lovely designer papers from Bildmålarna and their latest Christmas collection. And once again I used the fabby oval from spellbinders. Put the word for Merry Christmas in Swedish in it. And then coloured my images, all got the same lovely Lucia image from Magnolia, Sweden on it. As the gift was given during that celebration and I really wanted an excuse to use that image. LoL I for once used my distress inks and markers to colour with. I need to get some smoother looking aquarell colouring paper some time soon, but the art store in this town has strange opening hours. Maybe I should use their mail order services? Well, just a few pearls to decorate I was done.

Ok then, this is all from me for today. Do come and join us in our adventure of the last Christmas card of the year. It's always such pleasure to have a look and see what you all have been up to.

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card

1 comment:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marie :-) Tilda is lovely and the whole deign is fabulous :-)

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas :-)
luv
Lols x x x