Wednesday 25 October 2017

Anything goes - Christmas

Morning and hello! Welcome back to my corner of the blogging world. I hope you have had a great week with tons of fun and some crafting to that. LoL

It is time for a new challenge over at The Merry Christmas Challenge and I am still in Christmas mood and keep on going with my Christmas creations. This time is it a bit simpler that it has been for a while even it took some time to get them done. I have spent some time doing some Christmas tags for my  Christmas gifts. The time comes closer and closer to wrapping those gifts up. It isn't very far way now.

The best part of this is that I have used only left overs. The tags are made out of chip board kind of, it's the back side of a aquarel paper pad. It's really thick. I have painted them all first with gesso and then some layers of pearly white paint. After that I made use of a stencil that I have hanging on my wall, hardly never use it but all the stars on it was perfect for my Christmas themed tags. The tags are made with some heavy dies from Tim Holtz.


When all these layers of paint and mixed media products had dried after three or four layers was it time for me to add some left over images from a pad with Winter birds from LOTV. I only used two of them for these five tags as I have fairly small tags with only some decorations and a space on the back for writing to whom the gift is. It's stamped with a stamp from Marianne Design I think.


Back to the images. I cut them down to fit my tags and to make the most of them. The back side to this is that I have even tons more of these images to make cards or tags with. It's a never ending pad. LoL I glued them down to the end of the tags and then made a border with some stickles. I can't remember which kind it was. When that was dried, which took quite some time I covered all of the images with glossy accents. Some of the tags has air bubbles in the gloss and it looks really smashing.


Tons of work for these tags, still a simple project. The strings I have tied into them are bakers twin that was sent with last year's advent calender from Magnolia and some hemp string from a gift I got for my birthday during the summer. Nice and easy and tons of  recycing. Kind of proud of me!

So come on now people, it's getting closer and closer to Christmas so come on and join us over at The Merry Christmas Challenge. Our theme is always "Anything goes" so just show us any kind of Christmas projects. You might Crochet, Cross stitch or do some other handicraft which has to do with Christmas. We welcome all kind of crafts!

Take care and do something that you enjoy! (Like Christmas cards... LoL)

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this project
TTCRD - Anything goes
Sweet stampin christmas - Anything Christmas
Crafty Creations - Anything Christmas
Fab n funky - Christmas



5 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful tags.

Pat K said...

Gorgeous tags Marie. The LOTV images are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Unknown said...

I love your tags. They are just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa

Lena said...

These tags are beautiful. Love the embossed background. Great idea to use left over images.
Hugs,
Lena - DT

The Little Stamper said...

What a beautiful set of tags. I would love to receive one of these on my Christmas present!

Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

Sharon x