Wednesday 19 September 2012

A scary card... and some happy news!

Good morning friends and crafters. I am finally back again. Fighting a should that has some kind of inflammation at this time, so I should not really be doing this at all. But can't help myself just as always, but I am trying to take it a little easier at least. LoL

So I have a card to show but I think you should close your eyes. It's very bright and the only thing close to good on this one is the colouring. However the image is really cute and she is one of the new ones from the Paper Shelter called Adorable Miss Hall and she is found over at the Paper Shelter store. She is coloured with my Letraset family. Put together with a bunch of designer papers from Bearly Mine Design from the Designer Extreme CD III. Lovely goodies to be found there. A whole flower shop is used first to decorate and then to cover up a paw print from one of my cats.

Probably should have left it as he then walk right into the glue for the feather so now there is some traces left of him still. Dear crafting Good, why have you given me a cat who can't stay away from the crafting table? Isn't it the glue, or glitter he walks right into the distress inks. Hopeless case! However the golden glitter smearing that is left, I have done all by myself. My hand started to shake so terrible, so now I back on my normal doze of pills again. It was no good idea trying to reduce them at this point. Hopefully more stable in a few days.

As always there is a gift voucher up for grabs as first prize if you use a TPS image on your creation. Three digis of your choice if you play with another brand.

And then there was some happy news. Thrilled to have fond out that I was top three over at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenges last time. Got there with my handbag card. Big surprize and for sure gave me my mojo back, at least a little. :) Thank you so much for that!

And then good news part II. About a month back I found out that I am now a part of the lovely team over at Crafty Card Makers team. Woohoo! Thank you Lin and the rest of the lovely gang for taking me into your blogging family. I will have links up to all the gals as soon as my shoulder allows me. I can't wait to get started and thrilled to join in.

Love n hugs
Marie

Ps: Remind me that I shouldn't use that much orange in my creations in the future. The only one happy about that is my youngest son. LoL He happens to have orange as his fave colour, but I think I had that as mine too when I was four years old. LOL

Challenges for this card
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
Paper take Weekly - A hazy shade of Autumn
Sweet Stamps Challenge blog - Autumn / fall colours
Digi Makeover Challenges -Welcome autumn

13 comments:

Mervi said...

Hej Marie,
gorgeous card, lovely details!
Hälsningar;-))m

Annelie said...

Hm...har börjat gilla orange igen...Undrar om det innebär att jag börjar återfå lite barnasinne...kunde ju vara trevligt som omväxling till de dagar man känner sig som 80 ;-)
Finfint kort som alltid & stort Grattis till både top3 och nya dt-platsen! Inte ett dugg förvånad över nåt av det, du är så duktig tjejen!
Kram Annelie

Nannieflash said...

Wow Marie that is stunning I love your colouring and your gorgeous card design. hugs Shirleyxxxx Hope the doctors went well yesterday.xxx

Sharon said...

This is lovely Marie, and I love that your cat likes to 'help' you!! Looking forward to working alongside you at CCM. Hope you feel better soon, Sharon x

Eileen said...

This is gorgeous Marie. I love the orange too. Beautiful colouring and great layout. Great use of the flowers :) (your cat sounds as if it's related to mine)
Congrats on your new DT post. Hope you are feeling better soon
Eileen x

Veronica Atanacio said...

Wow, hun! This card is adorable!!! I love it!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So sorry you are under the weather and not feeling well. What a great save to cover the paw print with these gorgeous flowers. You color work as always is amazing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

Adorable image Marie and fabulous colouring, I love the bright colours and design.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anne Temple said...

Your card is gorgeous! Great looking image too. so glad you joined us for the Welcome Autumn challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

Karen Petitt said...

It's gorgeous Marie. I happen to love the colour orange so hope i'm not too gaudy. I so remember the joy of having cats! I used to study dressmaking and the little horrors always appeared when I had to lay out and pin fabric! These days I can't leave decorative paper out as he thinks he's entitled to take it and rip it up. And then there is grunge paper and card - my wee beastie can smell it. If I have any out he steals it!
It's a beautiful card Marie, sorry to hear your shoulder is so bad and you're struggling. Congrats on making the Crafty Card Makers DT hun, I'm not surprised though you're cards are wonderful hugs Karen x

Julia said...

I spotted your wonderful creation over at Make it Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. TFS!
My entries are # 74, # 78, # 224 and # 231.
I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
Hugs,
Julia

Marjorie said...

Oh! Marie this is just stunning...gorgeous colouring and such beautiful embellishments..love the feathers!... Congratulations too on your new DT Post..
Big Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Chris said...

A beautiful card Marie! Love the image and your gorgeous colouring and design. Take care of yourself and congrats on your top 3. Hugs, Chris x