Monday 29 October 2012

Winter greetings

Hello and welcome to my corner in the blogging land. It has been cold this weekend, really cold. Even minus degrees and we are still in October even if it's not far from November by now.

Today I have a non colouring card to show you. I have made a circular easel card for a change and now I think I need to get myself the big circles from Spellbinders. It's so much easer to cut with those than by hand. LoL. I have used designer papers from Card Craft work I think. They are old and non used but now they are working for me. The raindeer is cut with a Tim Holtz die that I just love. To get the pattern on the raindeer I have use some glossy accent and made a pattern with that. When it was completely dry I took some of my old paper distress ink and went over it with a sponge to give the raindeer some colour.


I have also used some snowflakes made with MS punches and a die from Whimsy Stamps. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and to finish the whole thing off, I used a sentiment from Maja Design saying "Winter greetings" in Swedish. Of course isn't a winter card complete without glitter in the snowiest way, so ice glitter from Rangers is also used on the sentiment and flowers. Hope you like it.

We have a new challenge up for you over at the Crafty Card Makers blog and our theme is "Shaped card showing a  raindeer or two." So raindeers it is. Pop on over to the blog and have a good look at what my fellow teamies have been up to. Oh and the card has to be shaped as well, no squares or rectangles .



We are kindly sponsored for this challenge by The Stampman (and Lady of course!) who are offering the winner a £10 voucher for their store, you can spend this online, in the shop or if you're lucky enough to see them at a show!  They have a ton of items in store, enough to tickle any crafty taste bud. 

and

$10 GIFT VOUCHER

I have been drawing since a child and studied graphics at College many years ago, I now work as a Medical photographer part time but my love was always drawing. I started cardmaking about 4yrs ago when I bought my daughter a cardmaking kit which we did together, but I’m afraid I got the bug! My daughter preferred scrapbooking. I then started looking online at other blogs and this then became my passion and I loved sharing my cards with likeminded people.

I love stamping and loved finding images, but sometimes I could not find what I wanted so I started to draw myself.
This then has become my second addiction and I have never looked back, I love thinking of new images, and its just fabulous to see others take them and make them into beautiful works of art. Long may it continue!


Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
Hooked on Crafts Challenges - Christmas no red or green
Wild Orchid Crafts - Bling it up (silver details for bling together with icecle stickles from Ranger for sparkle and shine)

10 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE those flowers--gorgeous card! :)

Marjorie said...

Oh my word!!! This is just stunning hunnie..This truly is a beautiful card...Your creativity amazes me, you are full of wonderful ideas...
Thinking about you...take care..
Big hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous card Marie. Love all those snowflakes and the beautiful glitter roses. xx

Karen Petitt said...

Marie this is so beautiful! I thought you had embossed your reindeer until I read your post. Gorgeous card, love it! Hope you are hanging in there my friend Karen x

loz said...

Hello. Your card is Stunning. Visiting from MIM..Loz

Chrissy said...

Such a gorgeous card Marie, I love the deer and card shape, fabulous colours and love the snowflakes...gorgeous classy card.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sheryl said...

A really beautiful card, clerverly crafted. Everything works so well together.
I saw you project on MIM, thanks for sharing your creativity.
Hugs Sheryl xx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what a stunning card!! Love the details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous card, this really caught my eye at Make it Monday! xx

Lin said...

Stunning! Love the shape, the reindeer, and those gorgeous flowers, feathers and pin ensemble that has created the stop for your easel is superb.

Lin xx