Tuesday 22 April 2014

Sketchie time

Morning everyone! Can you believe that we are already in the last part of April? Hasn't this year passed by quickly? I had Christmas just the other day... LoL

It's time for a new challenge from Team 1 over at Passion for Promarkers. And this time it's sketchie time. How fun is that? It's a nice and easy one too. You can have a lot of fun with this one.
As always I have a lot of cards to make for boys. There is always guys that needs a birthday card around here with two young kids going to their friends celebrating their birthdays. So this card is made for a kid in my oldest son's class. He has a new found love in, yepp you guest it! Football! How fun! I have only made 10 - 15 soccer cards the last year, and he was about to be the only one not into that sport... What went wrong? LoL Just kidding, I love it that they love their game. 


Sorry, the photo is a bit messy. Was a real rush to get it done and delivered. A few weeks behind after all illnesses we have had around the house lately. 

I coloured this little fellow from Crafters Companion in our local team colours which is black and yellow. But since I thought it would be too dark with black with tiny yellow details I went with the spare shirt of the team. Designer's freedom you know. I paired this image up with an older Magnolia stamp that has a football goal and audience on it. I place that in the center of the sketch circle and then used the footballer as a focal point. Designer papers are a digi down load from Echo park. I love that I get their papers digital too and I love the vibrant colours they use. Perfect for little boys. These are from to packs, one is called Mini theme Goal and the other is from Hello Summer (cloudy paper).

I used a die from CC Design to cut some grass and used an "8" as my decorations to this card. I have matched the inside of the card with the outside but personal writing in there so you just have to belive me. Anyway, I always love a good sketch challenge even if I have not gone with the same sized card as the sketch, I really loved working with this one. 

Our sponsor this week is Letraset who is offering a 6-pack of Flexmarkers to one lucky winner. How nice is that? I could really use a few new ones. 

Ok this is it from me for today. I hope you'll come and join us on this lovely challenge. 

Love n hugs
Marie

7 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Great soccer card, Marie! Fab colouring of that sweet image and I love the background stamp - this would be ideal for all my boys' friends too! My youngest starts summer league in a couple of weeks, so then I'll have the 2 of them training and playing! Oh well!
Hugs, Lisa x

Colette said...

Fab football card Marie, I love the background stamp it's just perfect with the image, hugs, Colette xx

Heather said...

Hi Marie, hope the warmer weather is good for you !!! What a fabulous card - your design is stunning and the football circle is fabulous with the sky background. Your image is just adorable and lovely details!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Marjorie said...

This is fabulous Marie, love your design and choice of papers:)
Hope you had a lovely Easter:)
Love and Hugs,
Marjorie x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Marie, love the scene you have created and the DP's are perfect :) Donna ♥ x

PS: I'm really grateful for the lovely comment you left on my blog...thank you x

coops said...

stunning male card marie.your footie scene is brilliant and i love your colouring and fab image ;D

xx coops xx

Marjorie said...

Morning hunnie.. I was just passing, I know I have been once but couldn't leave without saying 'hello' ! Hope all is good with you:)
Hugs,
Marjorie xx