Tuesday 8 April 2014

So sentimental

Hi and hello everyone! I am back with a new little creation to show you all today. It's the Team 1's turn over at Passion for Promarkers to bring you some inspiration. And this weeks theme is set to "So sentimental" (add a sentiment to your creation).

A few weeks back I saw to wonderful sets of stams from Sheena Douglass made up with wonderful butterflies. I got the first one I ordered the early last week. And they are really lovely IRL as well, but VERY big. My cards are not so big so a bit of rethinking when it came to this card. At least the sentiment is the focal point. LoL

Anyway, I used my butterfly dies once again and coloured the back drop in with my Letraset markers. This time I let my pink collection work. I used some designer papers from Panduro's Tilda range from last spring called Country Escape. I always fall in love with the papers and then I find them really hard to use as the patterns are fairly big and quite bold most of the time. I really need to learn this, I love them for the moment and then, well....

I used a big lovely spellbinder die for the sentiment and it was just about to get it in the frame. It's stamped with some archival ink in some kind of brow. I took some flowers from my pink box, added a little bunch of white flowers too and some gesso on top of the strongers coloured pinks as well. Then added some glitter on top of that before the paint had dried. Gives a nice shabby look when dried. A few pearl strings and a few butterflies made with an MS punch gives the final touches to this card. Not much of colouring I know but sometimes things doesn't turn out like expected.



Sponsors, we have sponsors to this challenge as well. Let's see who it can be this time?
Whiff of Joy is sponsoring us with a stamp and  Angel craft is sponsoring  with a goodie bag.

At least we are all on our feet now, only me with a sore throat so hopefully we will heal here now. It has been four hard weeks with flu, colds and tummy flu on top of that. I think I need to start my grateful thoughts again, it really could be a lot worse than colds and things like that. And I have not had as much pain in my joints the last months. You see there is always something to be grateful about.

Until next time

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything goes
Inky Chicks -  Butterflies
TTCRD-Anything goes
Love to scrap - Anything goes
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful card, Marie... such a lovely sentiment!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful sentiment and so true. Just love your colourful flowers and pretty design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Marjorie said...

Wow! This is beautiful Marie, I love what you have done with the sentiment... I agree with you about papers, some times it is hard to match them up to an image... Glad to hear you are feeling little better:)..
Take care my friend..
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Peggy T. said...

So Beautiful, Marie. I love butterflies & yours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD Challenge. I hope to see you again next week.

Peggy T., TTCRD DT

made-by-Kate said...

Hello Marie.
Your card has become beautiful. I especially like the colors and the little details. Your card has that certain something.
Greetings from Switzerland
Kate
http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

coops said...

so stunning marie.really love your pretty details and butterflies and your sentiment is beautiful ;D

xx coops xx

Teresa Kline said...

sweet card, luv the details and those precious butterflies! hope you have a super day!

sparkle & shine *~*

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Gorgeous card! The butterflies are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Love for Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Bridie said...

Those butterflies are simply stunning!

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Happy Easter!!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts