Wednesday 30 April 2014

Use that ribbon!

Morning everyone! I for sure hope that you all are feeling way better than I am. Forth week with a cold or maybe allergy. Doctor is not sure so for now treating the cough with allergy medicin but it will take a bit longer before I know if it helps or not. But I am tired, really tired and think that I might have pneumonia instead as it's so heavy to breath. Think I will go back to the doc really soon even if I am tired of going there.

Ok now to something more fun! Cardmaking! It's Wednesday and we have a new challenge up for you over at the Paper Shelter today. This week our theme is "USE THAT RIBBON!". I bet it's not only me who have loads and loads of them laying around.

As always there has been a lot of boy's birthdays parties lately so I made this simple card for one of Philip's friends. I have made it with one of my favourite images from the Paper Shelter, it's the ice cream boy from the Happy Times set. They are super cute and really fun to colour and best of all, the kids loves them. This little kiddo is coloured with my normal Letraset markers and paired up with some fabby designer papers from Echo Park. I love to use that brand for guy's cards. Bright and cheerful!


Now I do have a ribbon on my card but most of it is covered up. It's a black saddlestitched ribbon from the Ribbon girls. I was in no mood to tie a bow or anything like that. I had planned to add a charm made of shrink plastic but as I ran out of energy, plain it is. At least I had the inside decorated as well but that's for our eyes only. :)

Challenge prize badge

As always when we talk about the Paper Shelter we have a gift voucher up for grabs. It's worth $30 if you play with a Paper Shelter product. Playing with another brand in our challenge gives you the chance of winning three digis of your choice.

Before I end this post I will say a big thank you for top three spot with my last Easter card and as well for the honorary mention the same card got. I am very grateful and wish I had more time to play in all the challenges out there. I do enjoy it a lot but the school and me not feeling very well, ever as it seems makes it hard to keep up. Anyway, thanks once again. 

Love n hugs
Marie

5 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, wow thats a clever use of ribbon for a boys card, I love this image and just right for holiday time, its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Scrap och Ting said...

Vilket fint kort, härliga färger! :)

Vannessa said...

This is just adorable Marie. He's such a cutie!

Hugs, Vannessa x

Heather said...

Hi Marie, I hope you still get your heath problem soon sorted and get some more energy!!!
Your card is adorable - lovely design and papers. What a cute image - I think he's ready for a haircut!!!

hugs
Heather xx

NicoleDesigns said...

That image is so adorable and you did a lovely job with it. I like the soft colours.... SUPER CUTE.... xo Nikki