Thursday 8 January 2015

Something new

Good morning and welcome back to me, yet another dt card to show off here. It's so good to be back in the normal game again even if it feels like my time is a bit limited at the moment. I have been bitten by the crochet bug once again and enjoy it alot. But I can't say it's good for my shoulders. I am trying hard not to spend too much time doing it.

Well, back to why we're here. The second week of our first challenge of the year over at AUD sentiments and the theme is "New". We want you to use a sentiment with new in it or you can use some new stash. Please don't forget that you ALWAYS have to have a sentiment on your card playing with us, after all the name of the challenge blog is AUD SENTIMENTS.

One of my favourite flowers is the poppy (other is tulips and amaryllis) and I really wanted to use this image for my card this time. However, it caused my big problems to get a matching sentiment with new to go with it. Everything sounded totally wrong, both in English and Swedish. I gave up and used "Congrats" in Swedish instead and used some new dies. The corner die from Joy! and the border die which is really big is bought from Joanna Sheen. It's lovely but huge! On the good side, you don't need to decorate much more using it. The image colours looks really bright but I didn't manage to tune it down before I posted it here. If I find the time I will try to do that later on.


The image is coloured with the special edition pack 2014 of markers from Letraset and then I took another dive into my scrapbox of designer papers. This is from a wedding collection from Authentic if I remember correctly. The sentiment stamp is a really old one from  Magnolia. A big card from me this time but really simple at the same time. With all the trouble I had getting it done I am so pleased with how it turned out in the end. So good to get something done that you have been struggling with for quite some time.

Picture

The image is from our sponsor this time and it's the lovely Kris from Imagine that who's our sponsor for yet another week. Thank you so much for the wonderful stamp of yours!

1 comment:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny x