Thursday 7 May 2015

Party Time Tuesday - Anything goes

Hello there! It's time for a new Tuesday party over at your favourite party place: Party time Tuesday challenge blog. As always the theme is set to Anything goes and you for sure keep us busy with your stunning creations. Really lovely work all of you! Can't wait what your next party creation will be.

My party creation this months is a card that I have made for a friends friend who also happens to be my window cleaner. Yepp! I have one of those. Hate cleaning of all kind but especially the windows so a few times each year we have a window cleaner here and he has now turned 30.

I had a request to use a pinup style of image but as that is not my style I found something in between with this beach babe from Kenny K. I love the 50's look to this image actually. And the gift for the window cleaner was a suitcase and a gift voucher for a travel. Favourite place? Brasil! Not for me, for him.


I have used a bunch of beach papers to make the card, to connect both to the traveling theme of the gift and to Rio de Janeiro where they usually go in February. I used a quite heavy glitter glue from Panduro to reflect water and also some hemp string to go with the theme. Stars are also for me connected to the sea. Maybe because sailors used to find their way on the sea with the help of the stars before we all got high tech. :)


And this is the inside of the pull out of the card. The image in full figure, a simple flower and some cut offs from the dp's used earlier to match it all up. I also used a dp to place the image on that is easy to write on as well. The die used spelling "grattis" is from Rox Stamps and just means congratulations. It was a hard card to make due to the wish of the image but it turned out fairly well and I hope that "my" window cleaner liked his card.

Edited: New sponsor this month, the lovely Really Reasonable Ribbon!


This months sponsor is Really Reasonable Ribbon with a $15 gift credit
Really Reasonable Ribbon www.reasonableribbon.com  has been meeting the ribbon needs of crafters, wedding planners, rubber stampers, scrapbookers and the artistic community for over 15 years. Our large selection of ribbon styles includes a variety of colors and widths in grosgrain, organza, seam binding, gingham, satin, ric rac, twill tape, baker's twine, jute and much more including a large variety of mulberry flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.
They offer convenient online shopping, FAST shipping and GREAT ribbon prices. 

One of their most popular items is the Monthly Ribbon Club.  Subscribe, and for a small monthly fee, you will receive a new color or holiday themed assortment each month.



And with this said, it's time for me to leave you for today. Yesterday we started up a new challenge over at the Paper Shelter. Theme is set to lace so a very easy theme to play along with. Please do! You can even combine the two challenges PTT and TPS. ;)

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card
Papertake weekly - Anything goes
DigiChooseday challenge -anything goes
TTCRD - Anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Craft your passion - Anything goes

1 comment:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card love the design and colours Ginny x