Wednesday 20 May 2015

Roses

Morning and hello! Welcome back to my little corner of the world. Today it's Wednesday and time for a new challenge over at the Paper Shelter. This weeks theme is ROSES and guess if my teamies have been doing some smashing job?

My card is really simple and this week without any image. Instead I used one of Veronica's smashing designer papers from the Vintage Flourishes paper pack. I had a card made that I had to post early with everything done for this challenge and then I got sick so this is what I ended up with instead. However sometimes it can be good to have to work outside your comfort zone a bit. This is a very simple design that is made up with just one dp, some lace and a few layers with card stock.


I did also had a good look at what I have in my draws that is all over the place at the moment. Still working on that office space of mine. Getting closer now and then the big task of getting everything in it's places...

Anyway, I found some of the metall corners that was used all the time a few years ago. Used up a few of those. A piece of lace from my teamie Gail. And as the theme is roses I kept going with that theme and used tons of flowers and rosebuds. Some stickles; Frosted lace is also used on the flowers and a piece of really thin pearl string around the largest rose. The letter stickers are from Prima. I have a whole bunch of them laying around as I have not dared to use them. However, things with glue on the back should not be saved as they don't work very well in the end. So keep using your stash! I don't know how many times I have tried to fix my sentiment which says "congrats" in Swedish.


http://www.thepapershelter.com/

As always we have a gift voucher worth $30 up for grabs if you play with any TPS product. Playing with another brand gives you the chance of winning three (3) digis of your choice. There is tons of fabby images to choose between and you are sure to find something that will suit you. 


Love n hugs

Marie

Challenges for this card

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card Ginny x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marie, stunning card love that image and youve really done a fabulous job with your card design and the roses look gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Marie. The dp is so pretty and I love the roses you've added around the frame. hugs, Pat K x

Gail said...

This paper is just gorgeous. I haven't printed it up yet and now seeing your card makes me want to run up and get my good paper to print out all the sheets. What's great about this card is that you really show off the papers and haven't covered them up. That's the way to go with gorgeous paper...show it off! This is a great card...and no image necessary!!! Hugs, Gail

Maryann Laursen said...

Et super smukt kort, du har lavet her. Det gør bare en utrolig glad i låget med alle de smukke blomster, som vi nok alle elsker.
Tusind tak fordi du deltager i udfordringen her hos Card and Scrap.

Unknown said...

Amazing!! Love this <3 Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
EnjoyScrappin2 {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Colette said...

Stunning card Marie, love how you've let the paper speak for itself, and the sentiment and roses are just perfect, glad to see your finding stuff in your stash and I agree, sticky stuff definitely needs using up before it isn't sticky any more, hugs, Colette xx

Vannessa said...

This is just stunning Marie - love how you have used the papers and all those beautiful roses.

Hugs, Vannessa