Saturday 1 January 2022

A new start, Something new

Morning and hello!
Having a very slow day and taking it very easy. A good way to start a new year. I have written a letter, just as I always do during New Year's day and trying to take some photos of finished cards. This is one of them. 

I have been waiting for a long time to get this image from hÄnglar and Wings. It has been lost in the mail and then when I finally got my stamps there was very little time to use it. But now have I used the male snow man, the female version will be up in a few days hopefully.


I have coloured with copics this time on a new kind of paper for me. I think I like it as it was easy to handle with the markers. It's a synthetic paper that has a feeling of plastic or something like that.So far so good. Will try using my promarkers on it as well. After that will I know how I like it. :)

I totally adore this image. The cutest snow man around at this point. Go on and take a look over at hÄnglar and Wings web shop. The designer papers used for this card is called Winter and are made by Dove Craft. Tons of silver details and shades of blue and grey. Really lovely paper pad that will be great for coming winter and Christmas cards.

Do you have any New Years resolutions for the New Year? I am hoping to use up at least some of my old stash of crafting material and I hope that I will learn more about my camera and how to be able to take some better photos. I would love to learn more about lightroom and photoshop from Adobe but I nee to be careful as well so that I don't overload my like again. It's hard to get back from that. But more structure in my life would be great. 

I hope that you find something to "deal" with during the new year; learning something new, call an old friend, help a fellow human or pet out when in trouble etc. There is always something you can do both for someone else or for a needing pet or animal. It will make both you and the helped person feel a lot better!

Take care and do something for yourself!

Love n hugs
Marie

Challenges for this card



3 comments:

Michelle said...

SO cute! I love the wintery aspects of your card! Beautiful coloring of your snowman too! He is adorable! Thank you for joining A Gem of a Craft Challenge!! I hope to see your creations again soon! Happy New Year! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles

Jane Savage said...

Love the layout on this gorgeous card! The colours are lovely!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! Happy New Year! xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful project - thanks for joining us at The Creatalicious Challenge.

Helen x