Sunday 23 April 2023

Another type of craft...

Morning and hello!
This time have something completly different to show you. The last two and a half year have I spent a lot of time with my crochet needles and my huge stash of yarn. It is so calming and makes me feel good. I forget all the bad stuff when I do it and I don't have to think at all about what I am doing. 

I found a few nice charities that I wanted to support and I have chose to support two of them at this point. Well, I have a third one as well that I have been helping out. The first one was to crochet toys for cats to our local cat shelter. So I made crocheted cakes for them to sell. I made a few 100ed of them. 


And now am doing toys for two different charities for kids who ends up at the hospital for some reason. They get a little soft toy that keeps them company when something is scary and you need to feel safe.  That charity is called e"Tröstemöss Sverig". Let me say it like this, I know the feeling they have as I used to be one of them. So far have I made around 400 toys for them, but they have not gotten all of them yet. I do them when I watch TV and feel restless. 


The third charity I have chosen supports heart sick kids. We have two hospitals in Sweden that take care of heart sick kids and do their surgeries and many years ago did "Hjärtekatten" start up. They give a little cat to each kid that needs surgery and to them have I also made a few toys. 

I am pretty sure that I will go on making these for a while longer before I chose something else to support. It's important to have fun when creating and that do I get from changing my charities. Anyway, it's lots of fun and feel good to help out. Why don't you find something that you can do to help out, big or small. Try it!

Love n hugs
Marie

No comments: