Thursday 29 April 2010

Papertake weekly Challenge - Do something different

Hi again!
I've got another card for you today. It's made for my aunites 70th birthday that is coming up next week. Big celebration on saturday. And for this I have done something I have done only once before, and something I never done before. So it fits the challenge of PTW this week - Do something different. Once used the sewing mashine, never metal corners and never a picure like this before either. So even if it's just an ordinary card, it's filled "with something different".

I have used a vintage photo fond on the net and made a vintage card which I hope my auntie will like. Hope she doesn't see this. She doesn't really like it that I write in English here, she wants me to write in swedish so that she can follow it... :)

Well, back to my card. Vintage picure, metal corners, lots and lots of gold embossing, golden pearl maker and cream coloured half pearls from Bunny Zoe. Roses from  Wild Orchid Craft and rose buds from Stämpelboden/storyteller. DP is Tim Holtz shabby paperpad. Sown around all tiny squares and the main picture.

Hope you like it and most of all, I hope my auntie will like it.

Take care and hugs,
Marie

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh and your Auntie will adore her card :)

Chris said...

Such a very beautiful and elegant card Marie! I love the image and your design and those pretty flowers are perfection. The metal corners are wonderful, I'd love to know where you got those if you have a minute to let me know. Chris :)

Marte said...

Tusen takk for søt kommentar, Marie!:) Det var veldig hyggelig. Så flotte kort du lager! Dette liker jeg spesielt godt, og tar med meg inspirasjonen videre!
Ha en fin dag!
Klem fra Marte